Top 7 Winter DIY Projects
Winter months bring cold days and long nights. While you wait for the weather to warm up so you can get out and start working outside, there are still plenty of great DIY projects to tackle, even in the winter. And if you are looking to sell, then all these things will help your listing photos look better and get your home sold faster.
Here are 7 terrific ideas for the Do it Yourselfer in you.
1. Paint Your Walls – Paint an accent wall or an entire room with a fresh color. Its amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do!
2. Declutter – Sure this sounds like a fancy name for house cleaning, but decluttering is more than that. Remove excess furnishings to make your rooms seem larger and more inviting.
3. Update Your Kitchen –A new backsplash or cabinet pulls can quickly change the look and feel of your kitchen. And for those that like to paint...a new color on those cabinets could make you feel like you have a whole new kitchen!
4. Add Insulation – This will provide instant satisfaction as those cold, drafty rooms feel warm and cozy. If you have some real skill, you can include changing out old windows or doors as well.
5. Smarten Up – This is a great time to automate your home with Smart devices. Add security cameras, a smart thermostat or smart lights and plugs.
6. Build Something – For the handyman in your life, winter months are a great time to add cabinets, a TV hutch or bookshelves to your home.
7. Re-grout your Tile – From kitchen counters to floors, re-grouting can freshen up the room. This may seem like a big project, but overtime grout can begin to look very dirty. This little refresh could make a big difference.